domingo, 5 de febrero de 2017

Interview 25: Paula Rojo


How came out the idea of presenting you to the pre-selection?
They proposed us to send them a theme and we felt that it was time to try it. We send "Lo que nunca fue" and we were lucky to be selected! We are very happy and very grateful.

Tell us about the song. Did you have it composed before? Or emerged with the mind set at the festival?
I composed it with my guitar player Álvaro Barcena almost three years ago, without thinking about the festival or nothing. A clean, sincere and unpretentious theme came out. We felt that it had something special and that’s why we bet on it.

Can you advance us some of the staging? The one that we see next February will be the same that we can see in Eurovision?
We bet for “the extraordinary of simplicity”. We offer a very close, warm tender because we believe that the most important thing is to reach the people and that can only be achieved when you are yourself on the stage.
If we win, the base would be the same, although I have a very cool and original idea in my head. Also, we would be open to recibe approaches and advices that enrich both the song and the staging.

Has RTVE ”suggested” to you that your song has to be in Spanish or was it from the beginning?
Not at all, for our part have been all facilities and for the momento we are understanding very well with RTVE. About the song, it was born in Spanish, so grew and so has been presented.

Are you an Eurofan? Is there any song that you distinguished of the festival?
I’m a super fan of the festival since I can remember. I see it every year religiously. I love Spanish classics (like “Bailar pegados”, “Eres tú”, “Quédate conmigo”…). In the last years, I fall in love with “Calm after the storm” from The Common Linnets (Netherland, 2014) and, since I was a child I have an obsession with ”7th Wonder” from Ira Losco (Malta, 2002).



Did you follow the festival last year? Do you think the position Barei got was fair?
Of course! As every year. I didn’t think it was fair at all. She had a good theme and her performance was impecable. But in Eurovision you never know… I don’t think it´s just politics, because Germany, which is also part of the Big 5, won not long ago with a super cool theme and a simple and minimalist staging…
I will always have the hope of seeing Spain at the top of the festival. I think it’s time for that to happen, because in Spain talent is left over! And we have great composers. We only need a pinch of fairy dust, as I say. Luck must also has to be on our side.

You meet again Maika and Mirella, companions of “The Voice”, of the same team in adition. Did you have any gossip about that time? How has the reunion been?
We were very excited to meet again. Sometimes it seems like we have deja vu. As i time does not pass! I’m very glad to share all this wit them. They have really good bets and much in their style. I admire they both.

Would you have submitted to #Eurocasting in case you were not internally elected?
We did not propound it because we went into the internal casting before I found out about eurocasting. But yes, I would have tried for eurocasting.

If your song wasn’t chosen, which one do you think should be the one?
I think that each one could have possibilities for different reasons. Each one brings  something very faithful to the style of its interpreter and that enriches the preselection… I can’t choose one because it will depend on the taste of each one... 



Follow Paula Rojo on: Twitter

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario